Monday, August 18, 2008

Possible Topics

I have a research paper that I have to write for my American National Government class and so my field of topics has already been somewhat narrowed down. The guidelines for my paper are as follows:

"You have been named to the new president's cabinet in 2009. Pick a current, controversial issue that you believe needs to be addressed, either in the foreign or domestic realm. Analyze and discuss the nature of the problem. What do the political parties have to say about it? What actions has been taken so far? What types of obstacles might act as constraints on executive action? In essence, you are giving policy recommendations to the president backed up by a theoretical analysis as to why concerted action in achieving presidential objectives can often be problematic."

So I still have many topics that I may choose, but would like to tackle an issue that seems to have our country split.

  • Abortion
  • Illegal Immigration
  • Lobbyists
  • Foreign Policy
  • War on Terror
  • Electoral College
  • Patriot Act
  • War in Iraq
  • Iran
  • North Korea
  • Strengthening the Dollar
  • Russia vs. Georgia
  • Defense Spending
  • Universal Health Care
  • Gitmo
  • Campaign Financing

No comments: