Monday, September 15, 2008

Books

1. From the Palmer Raids to the Patriot Act: A Fight for Free Speech in America
Author: Christopher M. Finan
Publisher: Beacon Press, c. 2007, Boston, Mass.

I did a keyword search on the Auraria Library site for Patriot Act. I received several hits and may have to research through several books to find pertinent information, but it does look like there is ample information out there for me.

2. The Four Freedoms Under Siege: The Clear and Present Danger from Our National Security State
Author: Marcus G. Raskin
Publisher: Praeger, c. 2007, Westport, Conn.

This was also from the keyword search Patriot Act on the Auraria Library web site. I found the most information when I used "The Patriot Act" as my keyword search.

3. The Patriot Act
Author: Debra A. Miller
Publisher: Lucent Books, c. 2007, Detroit, MI

I used Prospect and searched under the keyword Government Legislation and did not really find much that would help me in my research. So again, I used "The Patriot Act" as my keyword since it had worked so well for me before.

4. Our Rights
Author: David J Bodenhamer
Publisher: Oxford University Press, c. 2007, Oxford, New York

I used Prospect and searched under the keywords "illegal search and seizure" I was hoping to find an opposing side or a strong, laid out objection to the Patriot Act. I feel this book could offer good knowledge of the law.

1 comment:

Aaron Devendorf said...

I am excited to hear about your topic. I am very interested in the Patriot Act and its implications. I look forward to hearing your presentation and perhaps reading your paper.